The Leaderboard Card allows Watershed users rank people, activities, or activity types by score, usage, or any custom measure. For instance, you could use a Leaderboard Card to show a list of your most active users or show which pieces of content are viewed the most.
This article consists of 3 main sections:
- Setting up a New Leaderboard Card
- Reconfiguring a Leaderboard Card
- Using Explore to Customize Leaderboard Cards
Setting up a New Leaderboard Card
Please note: For some accounts, you’ll need to be logged into Watershed as an admin to set up a new Leaderboard Card.
- Click Explore in the main navigation and choose Leaderboard from the card-type carousel:
- You’ll use Explore to customize the card and then click Save As New Card to create a new card with the options you’ve chosen:
Reconfiguring a Leaderboard Card
Please note: only Admins and Owners can reconfigure cards on the Dashboard.
- If you want to reconfigure an existing Leaderboard Card, click Explore on the bottom left part of the card on the Dashboard or click Explore on the top right of the card’s detail page.
- You’ll use Explore to customize the card and then click Save changes to this card to update the existing card with the options you’ve chosen:
Using Explore to Customize Leaderboard Cards
When using Explore to customize Leaderboard Cards, you’ll see 5 options:
Click on any of the option names to look at the settings for that option:
After clicking Activities, you'll be able to choose which activities you want to include in your Leaderboard Card. You can choose as many different activities as you’d like, and the Leaderboard will display all statements related to the chosen activities. If you don’t select any activities, the Leaderboard Card will include all activities in your account that you have permission to see.
To select an activity, use the search bar to find an activity or click the Pick From a List button to choose an activity.
Please note: You’ll only see activities that are already in your account that you have permission to see.
If you want to deselect an activity you’ve already chosen, click the X button next to the activity’s name.
After clicking People, choose which people to include in your Leaderboard Card. You’ll be able to select multiple people and parts of your organization, and those people will be included in the Leaderboard. If you don’t choose anyone, this card will include everyone that you have permission to see.
To select people, use the search bar to find specific people or group names. You can also click the pick from a list button to choose specific people or groups.
Please note: You’ll only be able to choose from people that you have permission to access.
If you want to deselect a person or group you’ve already chosen, click the X button next to the person or group’s name.
After clicking Dates, you can select a time range for your card to analyze. Click on the dropdown to select Trailing or Custom.
- Use Trailing to select the previous X days/weeks/months/years from today. While the range stays the same, the dates change to keep up with the current date.
- Use the Custom option to choose a specific date range.
If you don’t select any dates, the card will analyze all data in the account that you have permission to see.
From the Card Text menu, customize the text on the card:
- The Title is at the top of the card on both the Dashboard and the card’s detail page.
- The Summary appears at the footer of the card on the Dashboard.
- The Description appears at the top of the card’s detail page under the header.
In the Leaderboard section, you’ll choose what you’d like to rank (using the Organized menu) and how you’d like to rank them (using the Measures menu).
On the Organized menu, you’ll choose what you’d like to rank on the Leaderboard. Just choose an option from the Organized menu and the Leaderboard will organize data by what you’ve chosen.
For example, if you choose By Person in the Organized menu, your leaderboard will be organized by people, and the left-most column of the leaderboard will be a list of learners:
On the Measures menu, you’ll choose how you’d like to rank what you chose in the Organized menu. You can choose multiple measures for the same Leaderboard, but we don’t recommending choosing more than 4 because of the size of the Leaderboards.
For example, if you choose By Person in the Organized menu and you chose Completion Count as a measure, your leaderboard will be organized by people and the Completion Count column will show the number of activities each person has completed:
To add a measure to the Leaderboard, choose a measure from the Select a Measure menu and click the Add Measure button next to the menu. You’ll see the measure added to the Leaderboard, and the measure will be added to the Measures section. To deselect a measure, click the X next to the Measure in the Measures section.
Most of the Measures you'll find on the Leaderboard Card are the same Measures you'll see on the Correlation Card.
- Activity Count is the number of activities contained within a grouping.
For instance, if you’ve organized your Leaderboard by person, using the Activity Count measure would show the number of different activities each of your people have performed. If you’ve organized your Leaderboard by Activity Type, using the Activity Count measure would show the number of activities that have been performed for each type.
- Average Score is the average of all scores recorded across all activities in a grouping.
For instance, if you’ve organized your Leaderboard by Week, using the Average Score measure would show you the average of all of the scores across all activities for each week. If you’ve organized your Leaderboard by Person, using the Average Score measure would show the average score across all activities for each person.
- Total Time is the total amount of time people have spent performing all activities in a grouping.
For instance, if you’ve organized your Leaderboard by Person, using the Total Time measure would show the amount of time each person has spent on all activities. If you’ve organized your Leaderboard by Activity, using the Total Time measure would show how much time has been spent on each Activity.
- Completion Count is the total number of times activities have been completed in a grouping.
For instance, if you’ve organized your Leaderboard by Person, using the Completion Count measure would show how many activities each person has completed. If you’ve organized your Leaderboard by Activity, using the Completion Count measure would show how many times each activity has been completed.
- Timeline adds an activity timeline to your leaderboard. It gives a visual representation of when people interact with activities over time.
Advanced Configuration can be used to create additional measures and more precise ways of organizing your data. If you have an idea for a Leaderboard that can't be created using the default options, let us know and we can help you use Advanced Configuration to set up a Leaderboard Card.