Watershed is powered by moments of activity called interactions. Sources ranging from mobile apps to learning management systems are connected to Watershed, and as users perform actions in these sources, interactions are sent into Watershed. The Interactions Card collects these interactions and shows them in a list.
Please note: If you’ve used Watershed for a long time, you’ll notice that the Interactions Card no longer contains the detailed view of the JSON statements. You can now find those in Data Search section on the Data tab.
This article consists of 3 main sections:
- Setting up a New Interactions Card
- Reconfiguring an Interactions Card
- Using Explore to Customize Interactions Cards
Setting up a New Interactions Card
- Click Explore in the main navigation and choose Interactions from the card-type carousel:
- You’ll use Explore to customize the card and then click Save As New Card to create a new card with the options you’ve chosen:
Reconfiguring an Interactions Card
- If you want to reconfigure an existing accomplishment card, click the gear icon on the bottom right part of the card on the Dashboard and then Configure.
You can also click Configure on the top right of the card’s detail page.
- You’ll use Explore to customize the card and then click Save changes to this card to update the existing card with the options you’ve chosen:
Using the Explore to Customize Interactions Cards
When using Explore to customize Interactions Cards, you’ll see 4 options:
Click on any of the option names to look at the settings for that option:
After clicking Activities, you'll be able to choose which activities you want to include in your Interactions Card. You can choose as many different activities as you’d like, and the Interactions Card will display all interactions related to the chosen activities.
To select an activity, use the search bar to find an activity or click the Pick From a List button to choose an activity.
Please note: You’ll only see activities that are already in your account that you have permission to see.
If you want to deselect an activity you’ve already chosen, click the X button next to the activity’s name.
If you don’t select any activities, the Interactions Card will include all activities in your account.
After clicking People, choose which people to include in your Interactions Card. You’ll be able to select multiple people and parts of your organization, and those people will be included in the Interactions Card.
To select people, use the search bar to find specific people or group names. You can also click the pick from a list button to choose specific people or groups.
Please note: You’ll only be able to choose from people that you have permission to access.
If you want to deselect a person or group you’ve already chosen, click the X button next to the person or group’s name.
If you don’t choose anyone, this card will include everyone.
After clicking Verbs, chose which verbs to include in your Activity Card. You will be able to select multiple verbs, and those will be included in your Activity Card. Click on the dropdown to select Trailing or Custom.
To select verbs, use the search bar to find specific verbs. You can also click the pick from a list button to choose specific verbs you would like to include.
Please note: You’ll only be able to choose from verbs that you have permission to access.
If you want to deselect a verb you’ve already chosen, click the X button next to the verb name.
If you don’t select any verbs, this card will include all available verbs.
After clicking Extension, you can add extensions to filter your Activity Card by. To add an Extension, click Add Extension and enter the extension name and value.
If you don’t select an extension, the card will analyze all extensions in the account.
After clicking Dates, you can select a time range for your card to analyze. Click on the dropdown to select Trailing or Custom.
- Use Trailing to select the previous X days/weeks/months/years from today. While the range stays the same, the dates change to keep up with the current date.
- Use the Custom option to choose a specific date range.
If you don’t select any dates, the card will analyze all interactions in the account.
From the Card Text menu, customize the text on the card:
- The Title is at the top of the card on both the Dashboard and the card’s detail page.
- The Summary appears at the footer of the card on the Dashboard.
- The Description appears at the top of the card’s detail page under the header.
After clicking Interactions, you can select for your Activity Card to show data using Relative dates or Actual dates.
- Relative dates show the trailing timeframe of when an activity took place ie: 4 days ago
- Actual Dates show the actual date the activity took place ie: October 21st, 2017.